Thursday, December 27, 2018

Safety Tidbit 4.19 – Crowd Safety


Safety Tidbit 4.19 – Crowd Safety


It’s the end of the year, and I know many people are going to events like concerts, bowl games, or even New York City to ring in the new year. Personally, I hate large gatherings and feel a bit claustrophobic when I can’t move about freely. Although, I do like a good concert when one of my favorite classic rock bands is playing. I saw Styx in Hershey PA this past summer.

For this week’s Safety Tidbit, I decided to look around to see what the experts out there may have to say about crowds and individual safety. I found that State Farm published “25 Ways to Stay Safer in Large Crowds” and thought I would share several of their ways with you today.

 

1. Prevent injury

·      Make sure you know where the exits are.
·      Consider leaving if the crowd seems to be getting out of control.
·      Walk around crowds rather than pushing through them.

2. Avoid illness
·      Make sure your vaccinations are up-to-date.
·      Wash your hands often, especially before and after eating or using the restroom.
·      Avoid sitting or standing near individuals who appear sick.

3. Deter pickpockets
·      Carry important items in your front pockets.
·      Wrap a rubber band around your wallet so it's more difficult to remove from your pocket.
·      Choose a purse with zipper, button, or clasp closures, and a strap that hangs across your body.

4. Stick together
·      Keep a diligent eye on your children.
·      Before leaving the house, take a photo of your child with a camera or phone. If you become separated, you will have an up-to-date photo of your child and what he or she is wearing to give to officials.
·      Remind younger children to avoid strangers, and help them identify police officers or officials to go to when lost.

Hope this was helpful and thank you for reading my Safety Tidbits! Comments and questions are always welcome. ~ Bryan

P.S. If you have a new safety or health question, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment