Thursday, July 12, 2018

Safety Tidbit 3.47 - Road Trip


Safety Tidbit 3.47 – Road Trip

Reference:        DMV.ORG

Well I’m headed out for a cross-country motorcycle trip next week. I thought Safety Tidbits should focus on travel safety. While preparing for my long ride I came across an internet resource – www.dmv.org. DMV.ORG was created to make your life simpler. Since 1999 they have helped millions navigate their local DMV agency without hassle or fuss. They take all the information found on each state's DMV site and condense it down, so it can be accessed from one convenient place.

I drilled down on their website to their heading – Road Trip. The site is set up with map of the United States for the reader to select any state. When you click on the state you’re interested in you get the major routes, points of interest, history, and cultural spots. The site also has a link to the local DMV and the state’s driver’s manual.

As a Boy Scout, I like being prepared. According to DMV.ORG here are their recommendations for an emergency kit
  • First Aid kit. Some of the items to include are:
  • Fire extinguisher.
  • Road flares (if not already in your tire-changing tools).
  • Jumper cables.
  • Rain ponchos.
  • Tarp.
  • Flashlight and extra batteries.
  • Rags.
  • Duct tape
  • Scent-free baby wipes.
  • Drinking water and non-perishable snacks.
  • Multipurpose tool.
From their list, the only items I am missing are rags and scent-free baby wipes (I guess I didn’t plan to get dirty).
Hope this was helpful and thank you for reading my Safety Tidbits! Comments and questions are always welcome. ~ Bryan
P.S. If you have an interesting safety or health question please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment